Guidelines for travelers:
- Pilgrims Need To Carry Only Handbags As Suitcases Cannot Be Carried In The Helicopte We Encourage Using Travel Shastri Travel Bag.
- All Temples In Chardham Are Located At High Altitude A Pilgrims Are Advised To Carry A Small Oxygen Bottle With Them As A Precaution. It Is Available At Medical Shops.
- Fitness: All Pilgrims Should Be Physically It Is Better To Do Some Jogging And Other Light Exercise As You Prepare For This Journey.
- In These Locations The Temperature Will Fall To 10 Degree Celsius Or Less At Nigh Therefore, Pilgrims Are Advised To Carry Woolen Clothes.
- Photography: Still Cameras/ Portable Video Cameras Are Allowed In Himalayan Ranges But Not Inside The Templ Please Do Not Attempt To Take Pictures Inside The Temples.
- Communication: Although All Private Mobile Phones Have Coverage, Bsnl Mobile Is Better In Most Of The Place
We recommend that you insure yourself against sickness, EMERGENCY RESCUE, accident hospitalization, etc.. We are not liable and responsible for any damages or extra expenses that may arise from mishaps and the loss of their belongings during the pilgrimage
Clothing’s for both extremes of climate and temperature. While driving to Chardham Yatra, it will be warm inside the vehicle and light clothing will be required, but as soon as you step out of the vehicle, warm clothing will be required to keep off the cold winds of the Himalayas. Evening will be generally cold and warm clothing will be required We recommend that you bring along the following clothing’s and accessories with you:
Down Jacket – 1
Warm thick pullover – 1
Warm thin pullover – 1
Warm pants – 2
Light loose cotton pants – 2
Warm windproof jacket – 1
Cotton full sleeve T-Shirts – 4
Thermal under pants/long – 2
Thermal vest / warm full T-Shirts – 2
Rain coat with hood/ Poncho (should be roomy) – 1
“Broken – in” pair of ankle high walking boots & one extra shoe laces.
Light tennis shoes & light rubber sandal.
Warm woolen socks – 4
Large cotton or silk scarf – 1
Soft paper tissue and handkerchiefs – Plenty
Monkey cap and Sun heat – 1 each
Towels (one big, one small)
All the places to make any S.T.D/I.S.D calls and please carry if you have any BSNL Mob. Number, it works whole trip, Kedarnath & Badrinath very good connectivity Reliance mobile numbers. Sometimes, please be informed that it may be difficult at times to get the connection. If any urgent messages have to be sent to any of the participants, then please contact us at Haridwar numbers.
All arrangements within Chardham Yatra, reserves the right to change itineraries without prior notice, depending on the weather and road condition.
Please start to get in shape NOW!!! A good 15 minutes walk, jogging daily, stretching and regular exercise should put you in the right shape (Concentrate on your heart & legs – Aerobics). Porters will be carrying the bulk of your equipment, but it is recommended that you bring a good day pack and are fit enough to carry snacks, filled water bottle/small scissors and knife, waterproof matches, safety pins, Thermometer, Lighter, Dehydration salt (electoral) packets, Neoprene Powder and cream. Heat balm for muscles/joints, Vicksinhaler/vapourub, Chopsticks. Dry Fruits/snacks, camera, Film, Map, Jumper, Sun Hat, First Aid Kit, Light weight Rain Gear, Extra Cloth etc.
This is an environment related condition that can effect anyone who ascends too rapidly to high elevations without acclimatizing properly. Suggested to read any book on trekking, which has a chapter on this, and also consult your doctor
Anti – Inflammatory:
Avil, Brufen or Mortin. Aspirin / Tylenol or general painkillers. Strong sunscreen oil, skin antibiotic cream/ Antifungal Ointment Lozenges/Strepsils (plenty).